We recently asked Ale Wiecek, founder and Chief Empathy Officer of Sqr One and one of our dear friends at Decida to share her insights on better decision making.
1. What is your favourite, or most used, inspirational quote?
“If it scares you it might be a good thing.”
2. What does great decision making look and feel like for you?
I use the Eisenhower matrix for long term decisions and also the ‘eat the frog’ to make short term decisions. I also love the impact/effort decision matrix which we use all the time with clients.
3. When was a time you were at your decision making best?
When I was most present, probably after I had meditated.
4. Who inspires you? Why?
Brene Brown. For her work researching such important topics such a resilience, empathy and vulnerability.
5. What advice would you give to someone wanting to be a better decision maker?
To understand their variables i.e. time, effort, environment, and what’s important to them every day. Think about how every daily action will compound for long germ goals.
6. What are you reading/watching at the moment?
Seth Godin: This is Marketing
7. What is the most effective strategy you use for keeping your Ape (your emotional reactive state) in check?
Music and breathing
To connect with Ale Wiecek:
M: 0406 658 854