The older we get the quicker the years seem to fly by and clearly 2019 is no different. It seems all of sudden that Easter is around the corner marking the end of the first quarter. Time to check on our progress, realign and refocus… and enjoy some guilt-free chocolate!
Whether Easter has symbolic meaning for you or just provides an opportunity for a long weekend, we hope you have an opportunity to spend some quality time with your loved ones, balanced with some time for yourself to recharge the batteries and prepare for the next sprint to 30 June.
As always, thank you for your ongoing support, we are eternally grateful.
Regards Roshelle and the Decida team
Time for a mindset check
As you get busier and busier with the conflicting priorities that come with managing modern life, it’s easy to lose focus on the things that are important to you. This is why it’s valuable from time to time to pause and reflect, reaffirm and refocus. Acknowledge any change in circumstances or thinking and give yourself permission to adjust the plan as needed. The goal is to build a plan that enables the life you really want while being flexible enough to adapt to who you are growing into along the way.
To assist you with this process and help you to capture your thoughts download this FREE extract from the Decida 10 Minute Journal.
Beat the busy
Do you ever feel so overwhelmed by the volume of things to be done that you can’t think straight? I’m sure we all have at one point or another. So when I was recently asked what I do when I’ve got too much on I gave this advice.
- Take stock of EVERYTHING that you’ve got on. Trello is really helpful for doing this.
- Prioritise using the MoSCoW model (must, should, could, won’t do) to determine the things that are critical as opposed to busy work.
- Think about who can do the work. Do you REALLY need to do it or could you delegate or outsource?
- Schedule time in to manage mental health. It could be drinks with friends or Netflix binging or whatever works for you. You won’t get anything done if you burn out!
- Work through your priorities marking them off as complete so you get the feeling of achievement and progress.
- And finally, remember to breathe and change any negative narrative you are telling yourself, as successful people, being busy is often a good problem to have!