Collection Notice and Terms and Conditions
DECIDA COLLECTION NOTICE
This collection notice outlines how we (Decida Digital ACN 625 164 927), collect and handle your personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act1988 (Cth).
1. Why we collect your personal information and how we will use it
We collect and use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out our business of providing web and chatbot based coaching programs and face-to-face workshops and seminars. We use your personal information to tailor our products and services to support your learning and to send you information about our products and services, offers and promotions, updates on your progress and to communicate changes to our services or terms and conditions.
2. Circumstances where we collect your personal information and you may not be aware
- We use “Cookies” to monitor your use of our website. Cookies are small files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser and enable our site to recognise your browser and remember certain information. You should be able to configure your computer so that it disables cookies or does not accept them.
- We also use analytics tracking in our website and chatbots.
- Sometimes we video record our workshops and seminars.
3. Do we collect your personal information from third party sources?
Yes, in the case of a corporate program, seminar or workshop we may collect your personal information from your employer. If you sign-up for a Decida Digital registration through social media platforms, for example Facebook or Slack, we will collect your personal information from these platforms upon sign-up and during general usage. We do not warrant that these third party sources have the same level of privacy protection as us, and you should review their privacy policies to ensure compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
4. Sensitive Information
Some personal information we collect will be more sensitive. For example, how you feel before during a coaching session. We collect this information so we can support your learning and provide you with tailored programs. We will not disclose your sensitive information to any other party.
5. Direct Marketing
We also use your personal information to send you marketing materials and information about our products and services, offers, promotions and materials to support your learning. This includes emailing you our newsletter. We will not use any sensitive information we collect from you for direct marketing without your prior consent.
If you change your mind in the future, you may withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. What are the consequences of you not providing your personal information?
It may be difficult for us to provide you with our full range of services. In particular, if you do not provide your full name and email address you will not be able to register.
7. Who we are likely to disclose your personal information to
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. or Google Inc. which provides the infrastructure for us to host our app and website;
- WordPress & MailChimp for our email distribution activities;
- Shopify Inc. or Square Inc (Aus) to process payment of purchases;
- SnatchBot to run the bot platform
- Shore Digital Pty Ltd which provides us with technical support; and
- Any other agents we engage to provide services to you.
We will not disclose your sensitive information to any other party.
8. How can you access, update or make a complaint about our handling of your personal information?
9. Disclosure to overseas entities
- We disclose our email lists to MailChimp, an email distribution management service. MailChimp may store personal information we provide to it on servers located in the United States of America.
- We disclose your contact details, payment details, IP Address and device data to Shopify or Square Inc when you purchase our products and services. Shopify or Square Inc may transmit personal information outside of Australia. In this case any personal information is subject, by law, to a comparable level of protection as that provided by Shopify or Square Inc.
- We run our chatbot on an application written and hosted in Israel that manages and logs the digital conversations. These logs are unable to be deleted.
- The website, located at decida.co(Website), and Decida chatbots (Application), are owned and operated by Decida Digital Pty Ltd (Decida).
2. Registration and Use
- You may use the Website and/or Application to view information and material and participate in the training material, courses and programs (Products).
- In order to subscribe to use the Products, you will need to register as a user (Registered User). If you are under the age of eighteen (18) years, you may register with written permission of your parent or legal guardian pursuant to item 3
- Subject to obtaining our prior written consent for any other use, you may only use the Website and Application for personal use.
- Registered Users may access the Website and Application at any time, unless we have restricted access to perform necessary maintenance, updates or upgrades. Your ability to access the Website and Application will otherwise depend on factors outside our control and we do not accept any responsibility for those factors such as the quality of your internet connection, the type of computer or mobile device used to access the Website or Application and your software.
- The Application is currently available on mobile devices running Android OS and Apple iOS. If the requirements for Android OS or Apple iOS (or for any additional system we decide to extend the availability of the Application to) change, you will need to download or perform updates if you would like to continue your use of the Application. We do not accept any responsibility if your use of the Application is affected during this time.
- At the time of becoming a Registered User it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of your registration details and to ensure there is no unauthorised access.
- You agree to provide accurate and complete information when you become a Registered User.
- In addition to creating a registration for persons under the age of eighteen (18) years, written approval providing you are that person’s parent or legal guardian is required.
4.Limitations on Use
- By accessing and using the Website or Application you warrant and agree that you will:
- not use the Website or Application for any commercial purpose without our prior written consent;
- not copy, transmit, distribute, reproduce, licence, alter, reverse engineer, adapt or modify the whole or any part of the Website or Application in any way whatsoever;
- not hide, deface, alter or delete any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary rights notice;
- not use the Website or Application for any activity which is obscene, indecent, offensive or defamatory;
- not hack into, change or otherwise knowingly transmit a virus or otherwise damage the Website or Application or any information contained within it;
- refrain from tampering with, hindering the operation of or making unauthorised modifications to the Website or Application;
- not use the Website or Application with an incompatible or unauthorised device;
- refrain from uploading onto the Website or Application any material, or use the Website or Application in any way which:
- infringes the intellectual property rights of any person; or
- is unlawful or violates any law;
5. Technical information and Security
- The transmission of data over the internet and/or cellular network is not always secure. Although we endeavour to secure the Website and Application, you access the Website and Application at your own risk and we accept no responsibility for any interference, loss, damage, or disruption to your computer or mobile device or otherwise which arises in connection with your use of the Website or Application.
- You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to:
- implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output; and
- ensure that whatever you select for your use in the Website and Application is free of viruses of anything else that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer of mobile device.
- We do not warrant that functions available on Website or in the Application will be uninterrupted or error free, free of viruses or programming bugs or interferences due to factors outside our control.
6. Intellectual Property
- The Website and Application contains intellectual property including trade marks, confidential information and copyright, together with any goodwill or reputation and intellectual property rights subsisting in those things.
- You should assume that any intellectual property in the Website and Application is owned by Decida or third parties and unless permitted by law, you must not:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the Website or Application; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of Website or Application without our prior written consent.
7. Decida Digital Product Subscription
- The Products are provided in good faith and are designed to promote thoughtful decision making.
- Once you have logged into your Registration with your username and password you may subscribe to use the Products (Subscription).
- You warrant and agree that:
- by placing a Subscription with us you are a Registered User;
- all Products you subscribe to are for your own personal use;
- you are responsible for any error, omission or cost arising from a failure or delay to provide all information necessary to complete the Subscription;
- you will keep your registration details including your username and password confidential and secure;
- you will be solely responsible for all Subscriptions made.
- Our promotion of Products is only an invitation to treat and does not of itself constitute an offer to sell or guarantee the availability of the Product.
- There may be Products in the Application that require payment before the Subscription can be processed (Paid Subscriptions). Paid Subscriptions will not be provided until payment in full has been received by us.
- Paid Subscriptions must be paid online through the Application, Website or a secure payment site (if applicable). The prices displayed on the Website and Application for Paid Subscriptions are current at the time of display but are subject to change. All prices are advertised in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST (as that term is defined in A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth)).
- To the maximum extent permitted at law, the liability of Decida and our committee of management, officers, employees, agents, contractors, service providers, successors or assigns, for a failure to comply with a Non-Excluded Guarantee, is limited to, at Decida’s option:
- the replacement of the Product or the supply of the equivalent Product;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the Product or of acquiring equivalent Products;
- the repair of the Product; or
- the payment of the cost of the having the Product repaired.
- In circumstances where the Non-Excluded Guarantees do not apply, we and our committee of management, officers, employees, agents, contractors, service providers, successors or assigns exclude liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages) you may suffer arising out of, or in any way related to use of the Product or Paid Product.
- You acknowledge that you do not rely on the skill or judgment of us when deciding whether or not the Products are fit for any particular purpose.
8. Third Party Websites and Applications
- The Website and Application may contain links to websites and applications owned and operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the operation, security levels, content or any other aspect of any third party websites and mobile applications.
- Links to third party websites and mobile applications are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate our endorsement or affiliation of them or their products and services.
- We make no representations or warranties and are not liable for:
- the content or accuracy of any information contained in linked websites and applications and third party websites and applications; and
- any loss or damage suffered as a result of access to, or use of, these third party websites and mobile applications, or the reliance on the information contained within.
- You must make your own enquiries as to the suitability of the content of third party websites and applications and the goods and services available for sale on them.
9. Email Notifications
- When you register you agree to us sending you communications via email (Email Notifications). You may choose to stop receiving Email Notifications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our Email Notifications or by contacting us as email@example.com
- If you do not opt-out from Email Notifications the Website will send emails to your nominated email address and you acknowledge and consent to receipt of those Email Notifications.
10 Suspension or Termination
- In the above instances, we will endeavour to notify you of the breach and ways in which you can remedy it.
11. Exclusion of Warranties
- While we endeavour to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained on the Website and in the Application, that information may contain errors and omissions and is subject to change.
- To the maximum extent permitted at law, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to the content, accuracy, completeness, suitability, accessibility, security or reliability of:
- any material and/or information on the Website or in the Application;
- the performance and availability of the Website or Application;
- the loss, damage or corruption of any data or other material as a result of the use of the Website or Application.
- Where liability cannot be excluded, any warranty by us in relation to the use of the Website or Application or its contents is limited as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- We make no warranties or guarantees that the use of the Website or Application will achieve your desired mental state. The information, courses and programs provided on the Website or in the Application are intended for the benefit of the general public and are not intended to replace or substitute advice from a qualified health care professional.
12. Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted at law, we and our committee of management, officers, employees, agents, contractors, service providers, successors or assigns exclude liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages) you may suffer arising out of, or in any way related to:
- the use of, or reliance on, any of the information or material on the Website or in the Application;
- the use of other third party linked websites or applications;
- the unauthorised access of your registration;
- the suspension, termination or interruption of the Website or Application in whole or in part for whatever reason;
- the loss of profits, loss of opportunity, business interruption or loss or corruption of data or information from the use of the Website or Application.
- Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by us in relation to the use of the Application or its contents is limited as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- For further information on using this Application, please contact Decida Digital at firstname.lastname@example.org.