Season 1, Episode 12
How do I manage my fear and anxiety as a leader?
Episode 12: How do I manage my fear and anxiety as a leader?
Being a leader, in any business, is hard work especially when a problem or crisis comes about. Teams look to their leaders as someone they count on, to inspire, to drive results and communicate the vision of the business.
As a leader it is important to remain cool, calm, and collected and approach all challenges with enthusiasm and diplomacy. The truth is, we are all human beings and each of us as leaders, have to manage our own stress levels, and sometimes it can be overwhelming. Managing responsibilities both personally and professionally and maintaining a high level of intensity can significantly increase levels of anxiety and cortisol in the body. High anxiety levels impact decision making and effectiveness, zap our energy levels and can cause performance paralysis.
On today’s episode we discuss:
- The differences between stress and anxiety
- Our 4 tips for managing fear and anxiety more effectively
- Learning to be comfortable with uncomfortable feelings
- The positive impacts that exercise and mindfulness have on our mental state
- What emotional and professional considerations are necessary to become a better leader
“Anxiety makes leadership interesting, but managing anxiety makes leadership meaningful – for you and those you lead” – Lolly Daskal