Season 1, Episode 10
How do I manage the mental health of my team?
Episode 10: How do I manage the mental health of my team?
Managing mental health conditions has always been a challenge for organisations and their employees. Even before the pandemic, companies globally were starting to invest more heavily in workplace mental health mainly because their employees were demanding it. What people often forget is that work and life were already stressful well before covid came along.
Whist there is good news that a vaccine is on the way, the truth is we don’t have a vaccine for our mental health like we do for our physical health. Remote working coupled with the challenges associated with home schooling, childcare and job uncertainty has led to an increase in anxiety, depression, and loneliness across the country. In 2021, the focus for all organisations should be on having employees achieve their best possible mental health at work and in life. Now more than ever, is a time to really pay attention to yourself and to regularly check in on the people working for you.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- The difference between mental health and mental wellness
- How people are now dealing with mental health conditions when working remotely
- The six essential ways to manage the mental health of your team
- What free support tools are out there for everyone’s mental well-being
- What else can organisations do to support the mental health of their employees